home
about
Joey
Singapore

archive
backward forward
glasgow morning.
"I’m grateful for anything that reminds me of what’s possible in this life. Books can do that. Films can do that. Music can do that. School can do that. It’s so easy to allow one day to simply follow into the next, but every once in a while we encounter something that shows us that anything is possible, that dramatic change is possible, that something new can be made, that laughter can be shared."
— Johnathan Safran Foer
Saturday, August 21, 2010 @ 10:16 PM
Few years down the road.


Sometimes I wonder...

What will happen few years down the road?
Friends with us for years, in our secondary school life.

Friends I quarrel with,
Friends I play with,

We may contact for few weeks after graduation,
after the few weeks, we will start to "disappear" in each of our life.

Do we still call up each other for a simple lunch ?
Do we still call up each other for any outing ?

We may have so much so much fun now,
We may have a serious fight over certain things,
but I believe, few years later, we won't be as close ; we may forget the reason we quarreled ; we may already forgiven each other.

However, when we meet on the streets years later, will you call for me ? or rather, will I, myself, call for you ? We know ourselves that we are no longer furious with one another. But will you refuse to acknowledge me as your friend. And me, too, refuse to ?

Take for example, both of you are verrry close then- cry, play, laugh, high together. After graduation, the friendship drifted apart. And years later, I'm thinking if you will feel awkward to play like how you did then, will you still dare to cry in front of her ? Naturally get high with her... ... Acknowledge her in the streets.

For even a relationship, which already became a history, do you still remember how sweet both of you were ? Both of you made people envy with your perfect relationship, both of you were so close that you chose to be together with him. But when everything has ended, and few years later, will both of you say "hi" to each other when you met him in the streets ?

Thinking back of how fun and high both of us can be. Thinking back about the fights we had. We already forgotten about what happened in the past, yet we just pass by each other..

..just like strangers.

Is this the situation I will encounter few years later ?
I wonder.

yes just wondering. :D